Tuesday, December 4, 2018
WORKSHOPS: Data Science Center, 21536 Young Research Library
R (programming language)
Workshop outcomes will include:
- Review basic principles of data visualization
- Learn to build a Shiny application
- Learn how to connect to a variety of data sources, including files, databases, and API’s
- Explore deployment options for Shiny applications
- Learn which elements of the R language to focus on learning to get up to speed as a Shiny developer
In this class we will use Library data as an example.
Programming experience: Previous experience with R and Data Visualization will be helpful, but not essential. Since Shiny is code-based (as opposed to a GUI-based tool like Tableau), those with little or no experience writing code to manipulate data will be at a disadvantage.