The Science & Engineering Library (SEL) offers group study spaces for UCLA students, staff, and faculty in minimum groups of two. SEL/Boelter offers one group study room, while SEL/Geology has two.
- SEL/Boelter Room 8251A has a table and chairs for eight, a white board, and electrical outlets
- SEL/Geology Room 4697A has a table and chairs for eight, a whiteboard, and natural lighting. No electrical outlets.
- SEL/Geology Room 4697B has a table and chairs for six, two whiteboards, and electrical outlets.
SEL Group Study Room Policies
A user with a valid BruinCard for Library services (current undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff):
- can make a reservation with their @ucla.edu email address
- can reserve a study room up to 2 hours at a time.
- can reserve a study room up to 7 days in advance
- must have 2 hours between bookings
- must have a minimum group size of two people
- must present their BruinCard and claim their room within 15 minutes of the reservation start time
- must not leave the room unoccupied for more than 15 minutes, otherwise the room will be cleared and the reservation canceled